From processing plants, transmission lines deliver processed natural gas to towns and cities where the natural gas will be used. Transmission pipelines transport large volumes of gas at high pressures, often over long distances.
[Your utility name here] transmission pipelines are typically:
- Made of high-strength carbon steel
- 2 to 42 inches in diameter
- Pressurized at 300 to 1,500 psi
- Placed underground with 3 to 9 feet of cover
- Bordered by rights-of-way ranging from 15 to 150 feet from the centerline of the pipe